oauth single token autentification

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Hi,

I have a problem when using oauth for searching retweets using twitter retweets api. While I am using basic(username, password) autorization everything works great. But when I want to search using oauth I come to a problem.

My application needs no usser permition, what I need is to log in and search twitter.

I read in twitter documentation that this can be done by creating my own twiiter api and use its credentials (acess_token,access_secret) to autorize on twitter.

I've done that but I don't see how to use this with Linq2twitter. Is this implemeted at all or shuld I find myself some other solution?

Note: I can not use whole autorisation process because I have no users to allow me to access their information. I just need to know how many retweets a certain twit had and make a report of that. My application can not have interaction whit users.

Thank you in Advance!

Best Regards,

Sandra Mitreska

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I am in the same situation, but I think the app always has to authenticate under SOME user..  but if the searches are public, I dont think you need to login at all...

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Serching tweets does not require autorization, but if you want to use api for searching retweets of a certain twit you must be autorised.

Here is a link to twitter api documentation where it sais that single autorisation can be done:

http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_single_token, but I think linq2twitter does not implement this since twitterizer is given as an exmple for this kind of autorisation.

BR,

Sandra