A small wish

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Hi All !

I did not found your library in the first step.

It was after a two days fight with TwitterSharp, where I was not able to make more then one line working :-(
[I want me to prevent this, but ... I does not mean to shount them, it's surely done in their free time and,
at some level, looks promising]. Finally, I starnded here, but feel a little the same ;-)

I am not an everyday developer and need sometime a little time and insight, but finally, get my things done.

This said, I please you to enhance the docs! What would help at most, is something like a - possibly visual - relationship of the things. I build my CHM from your sources well, but, ok, it's even just this:An API documentation ;-)

Hope, you understand me right!

[After some more time:There are really good intros!!!!!]

Thanks a lot for this lib!

Best regards++mabra

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Hi Mabra,

I plan to add more documententation, though it probably won't be available for a while.  I'm currently in the middle of some new features before doing another round of docs.  To get started, check out the source code download.  There's a project called LinqToTwitterDemo, containing an example of every API that Twitter offers.  You can set a break point and step through the code.  One tip though: don't step into the authentication code because it will quickly become confusing for you; at least until your coding skills are stronger.  If you're building Web apps, there's an example project called LinqToTwitterWebDemo (WebForms) and LinqToTwitterMvcDemo (MVC).  There's also a LinqToTwitterSilverlightDemo if you're writing Silverlight applications.  For desktop applications, LinqToTwitterDemo should get you started.  The best way to get going is to start a small application on your own and come back to these forums and ask questions when you get stuck.

Joe