Callback doesnt seem to always be honoured.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Hi all!..

Okay so the problem im having is that I have a twitter app set up and a site on my localhost that call to it. So there are two pages where a user can authenticate with Twitter....

Page 1 -> Call to twitter -> redirects to twitter -> click allow -> redirects back to Page 1 (with return Url in tack)

Page 2 -> Call to twitter -> redirects to twitter -> click allows -> redirectrs to twitter front page -< This is the problem. The code is no different between the two pages jsut the location of the pages is different.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hi,

Here's how I would approach solving the problem:

1.  Open a Fiddler session to watch the communications between your app and Twitter.

2. In Fiddler, turn off encryption, so you can see the HTTP requests and headers.

3. Pay attention to callback parameters and see if the redirection patterns make sense in the 2nd page as compared to the 1st page.

Also, double check for any redirects that might be in the code behind of the page or the code behind of a user control on the page or in a master page.

For security purposes, if you post any results here make sure you santize them so they don't expose any of your security tokens.

Joe