Updating later using Access Token

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Does anyone have an example of how to perform an "offline" auth'd api query ... so we auth the user, store the access token and later want to perform a query - say to update my status.

I already have the access token stored but not sure how i *set* that the user has already been authorized (hence why i have the access token) and i just want to do the update.

Continuing to hunt the forums.

thanks,
Steven 

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Hmm - i seems i need to set the oAuth Token *as well as* the access token for subsequent requests - but that's not right is it?

You get an oAuth token and then change that to an access token which is subsequently used for further requests - you don't need them both.

Thoughts?

/steven

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Hi Steven,

Right now, L2T needs all 4 properties of the authorizer Credentials to be set to recognize that the user is authenticated.  Just instantiate the authorizer, pass it to the TwitterContext constructor and you won't need to re-authorize.  BTW, I just answered another authorization question that is somewhat related to this discussion: http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/discussions/264487.

@JoeMayo