New: Wrap Links Support

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I just added the new Twitter Wrap Links feature to LINQ to Twitter.  Wrap Links allows you to specify whether you want updates and DMs to wrap URLs with Twitter's t.co wrapper.  The downloadable source code at Change Set 91695 implements these features and contains demos so you can see how they work.

Documentation for Update is at Updating Statuses.

Documentation for DMs is at Sending Direct Messages.

Twitter also updated the Help APIs to include Configuration and Languages, in addition to Test.  Of particular interest is the Configuration API that provides information on how long a t.co wrapped link is in both normal and https formats.  Twitter guidance is to cache configuration information, which reduces server load and helps you avoid exceeding your rate limits.  You can find documentation at Using Help Methods.

You can see Twitter's announcement at Next steps with the t.co link wrapper.

@JoeMayo

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Hi,

Just a question... If I get this whole update with the Twitter Wrap Links feature, we should be able to not change at all the API calls to twitter and simply configure the applications to automatically wrap the links of any incoming tweet / message...

Am I wrong on this? The thing is I'm still using the old version of the API of Linq2Twitter that has no support for wrapping links. Having configured the twitter application to wrap the links, I send a tweet and the link does not get wrapped (in fact the tweet is not even accepted because of exceeding length).

Any idea?

Thanks,

Kostas

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Just found what the problem was. I thought it was on the twitter side, but it was due to Linq2Twitter. I've described it in issue 31527.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Hi Kostas,

Thanks for identifying and documenting that issue.  It looks like IDisposable already worked on it.

Joe