Having Issues Getting Retweets of a User

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:10 AM

I am trying to get a list of users that have retweeted a tweet for a particular user.  My app has been authorized and I'm using the SingleUserAuthorizer to connect, as I have all 4 tokens for the Credentials object.  I've been calling retweet.type == StatusType.RetweetsOfMe and setting IncludeRetweets == true, thinking I would get all the retweets for each tweet.  I would then loop through the list and find specific users that I'm looking for.  However, it's not returning any of the retweets, just the one tweet the user has, the retweet count is 1 but I can't get to who retweeted (retweet.user.identify give me the person who tweeted).

The only thing that gets me close is when I use tweet.type == StatusType.Retweet and set the tweet.id to the tweet id, but I don't wan to have to keep track of all the Ids.  I am using the latest build.  I'm sure it's another rookie mistake but any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Hi Richard,

The way you're doing it, RetweetsOfMe and then Retweet on each StatusID, is the only way I can see this can be done.

Joe