How to end a current twitter session, so that I can authorize using different twitter credentials?

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Can I have a button, like a LogOut button which I can click to end current twiiter session. And then click another button like LogIn Button, to enter different user crdentials, to fecth tweets of a different user.

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

They recently deprecated the EndSession endpoint, which would have been the closest thing to what a logout.  However, it might be better to consider the authentication process as something in which you get access tokens for subsequent requests.  Since Twitter doesn't expire access tokens, there isn't really a concept of logging out.

To accomplish your goal, just authenticate the new person and pass the new Authorizer instance to a new instance of TwitterContext. In fact, all you really need is a new set of credentials for the Authorizer.

Joe

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Dear Joe,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. Will try to work it out as suggested and get back to you on that. Thanks again.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:16:47 -0700
Subject: Re: How to end a current twitter session, so that I can authorize using different twitter credentials? [LinqToTwitter:391899]

They recently deprecated the EndSession endpoint, which would have been the closest thing to what a logout. However, it might be better to consider the authentication process as something in which you get access tokens for subsequent requests. Since Twitter doesn't expire access tokens, there isn't really a concept of logging out.
To accomplish your goal, just authenticate the new person and pass the new Authorizer instance to a new instance of TwitterContext. In fact, all you really need is a new set of credentials for the Authorizer.
Joe
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Nov 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Hey guys.

@webminer, have you solved your issue? @JoeMayo, could you please provide some code for implementing your solution("it might be better to consider the authentication process as something in which you get access tokens for subsequent requests...To accomplish your goal, just authenticate the new person and pass the new Authorizer instance to a new instance of TwitterContext. In fact, all you really need is a new set of credentials for the Authorizer.")?

Thanks a lot.