auth.Authorize() method - OAuth_Token and OAuth_Verifier

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Dear Joe,

If I am authenticating using auth.Authorize() method, it redirects to a specified URL after authorization with two values in the URL querystring: OAuth_Token and OAuth_Verifier. Since we need four values(Consumer Secret and Consumer Key are being taken from web.config) to have a valid auth object and a twitter context. To which credential properties do I assign the above mentioned two values(OAuth_Token and OAuth_Verifier) from the url?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Hi,

It might be more useful if you downloaded a working sample of OAuth and traced through the code.  There are samples here:

http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=LINQ%20to%20Twitter%20Samples&referringTitle=Home

and in the downloadable source code.

Basically, the authorizers populate credentials for you if you do the entire OAuth workflow.

What technology are you using?

Joe

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I am using ASP .NET. It does populate the credentials if I use auth.BeginAuthorization() & auth.CompleteAuthorization() methods. but in case of auth.Authorize() it does not. However in case of auth.Authorize() it does send me oAuth_Token & OAuth_Verifier values in url query string. So just wanted to know where do I assign those to values in credentials.

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:11:07 -0700
Subject: Re: auth.Authorize() method - OAuth_Token and OAuth_Verifier [LinqToTwitter:391963]

Hi,
It might be more useful if you downloaded a working sample of OAuth and traced through the code. There are samples here:
http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=LINQ%20to%20Twitter%20Samples&referringTitle=Home
and in the downloadable source code.
Basically, the authorizers populate credentials for you if you do the entire OAuth workflow.
What technology are you using?
Joe
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM

You should use BeginAuthorization and CompleteAuthorization in ASP.NET apps.

Joe

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Thanks Joe. I will go that way then.

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:40:30 -0700
Subject: Re: auth.Authorize() method - OAuth_Token and OAuth_Verifier [LinqToTwitter:391963]

You should use BeginAuthorization and CompleteAuthorization in ASP.NET apps.
Joe
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com