retweet to existin message

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I am making search functionality work properly using linqtotwitter.

but when for some searched message i try

twittercontext.retweet(id)

it throws me error.

Json data must be initialized. whats wrong here?

something missing?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hi,

What is the error you're seeing?  Read the fields of the exception message to see what it's telling you.  Are you trying to retweet the same tweet more than one time?

@JoeMayo

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

i think that was the case. one more related question.

Is it possible to change the text of the retweet? so if i want to retweet "Its cold here" as Tweeted by me "Its cold here" something like that?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM

The Retweet API doesn't let you change text. You can do an update status and add your text and "RT" to the existing text, but I'm not sure if that tracks as an official Twitter Retweet.

@JoeMayo

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Hi, I have a problem. running
var = twitterCtx.Retweet retweet ("ID");
throws the following error: "The JsonData instance has to be initialized first"

What should I do?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Hi,

The syntax for the code in your post won't compile. You should download the Console samples or the downloadable source code. Then run the demo that covers retweets. This might lead you to a solution.

Are you passing the string "ID" as a parameter or are you passing the ID of a tweet?

LINQ to Twitter uses a type named JsonData to parse JSON responses from Twitter. Apparently, something wrong is happening during that parsing process. I would like to be able to reproduce the situation, which might give me the opportunity to offer a more useful message. Maybe you can post a small working sample that causes this problem. If you do, please be careful not to post your credentials.

@JoeMayo