VB.NET 2008 Desktop Application OAuth Code Error

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I am trying to implement “Linq to Twitter” OAuth code into an VB.NET Twitter application that was developed with VB.NET 2008. However 1 line of code is giving me some trouble.

auth.GoToTwitterAuthorization = Function(pageLink) Process.Start(pageLink)

Error: Nested function does not have the same signature as delegate 'System.Action(Of String)'.

Any Ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Hi,

I don't recall how this should look in VS 2008, but I do have VB examples in the downloadable source code in the LinqToTwitterDemosVB project. The error is because the GoToTwitterAuthorization property is a delegate of type Action(Of String). However, it's saying that Function(pageLink)... isn't compatible or of a different type.

Are there other errors or warnings? Sometimes the real problem is another error that causes the compiler to not compile a subsequent statement correctly.

@JoeMayo
Mar 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Joe, Thanks for the response. I am using the VB example titled Linq To TwitterDemoVB listed on your site. There are no other errors. Today I ran same code on a friend’s VS2012 and it worked great. Must be a VS2008 issue. Looks like I am going to have to upgrade my app and Visual Studio. Thanks again.