License and acknowledgement

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Hi,

The Ms-Pl license says that consumers of the library should include the copyright notice. Is this just a copy of the license itself, or is there a separate notice?

Also, do you like to be acknowledged directly for the library in something like the about screen? If so, any particular text?

Thanks for the great library!
Chris
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hi Chris,

I am not a lawyer, but I think you're good if you don't change the copyright notice in the file properties or remove any copyrights or attribution in the source code.

I appreciate any credit you give by mentioning LINQ to Twitter in the About box or anywhere else. Of course, I always love to see my name mentioned too. :)

I also have a "Who's Using LINQ to Twitter?" page containing links to applications that use the software. Just send me the link and I'll add it. I'll also tweet your app too.

@JoeMayo
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Thanks Joe,

The app is called Warbler; it's a Modern style Windows 8 twitter client.

I've added an acknowledgement and link to the about screen (charms -> settings -> about)

It's just been published to the Windows store, and available to download at http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-GB/app/warbler/b589f98e-c31d-46e0-ba46-8f2bd6905550

Thanks again!
Chris
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Chris,

Congrats on your new app! I've added a link to this site and tweeted your app too.

@JoeMayo