Error posting tweets with larger photos (below 3MB)

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Hi,

I'm having some issues with adding tweets to photos via the TweetWithMedia method.
Smaller photos (below 1MB or so and lower) work fine but larger photos give the following error message: "Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed"
The Twitter API states the maximum file size is 3MB and the photos I'm trying to post are below that limit. I can post the larger photos via the web interface but not via the API.

Do you have an idea whether this a bug in LinqToTwitter, an error from Twitter or whether I'm doing something wrong myself?
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Hi,

I have a few questions to help isolate where the problem might be:
  1. Do you have a stack trace?
  2. What LINQ to Twitter profile/version are you using? e.g. Windows Phone 8/v2.1.5.
  3. What kind of device/computer does the error occur on?
  4. How much ram do you have?
  5. What's your Internet Connection speed?
@JoMayo
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Sorry, forgot to add that in my initial post.
  1. at LinqToTwitter.TwitterExecute.PostMedia[T](String url, IDictionary2 postData, List1 mediaItems, IRequestProcessor1 reqProc)
    at LinqToTwitter.StatusExtensions.ReplyWithMedia(TwitterContext twitterCtx, UInt64 inReplyToStatusID, String status, Boolean possiblySensitive, Decimal latitude, Decimal longitude, String placeID, Boolean displayCoordinates, List
    1 mediaItems, Action1 callback)
    at LinqToTwitter.StatusExtensions.TweetWithMedia(TwitterContext twitterCtx, String status, Boolean possiblySensitive, List
    1 mediaItems)
  2. Using the .NET 4.0 v2.1.04 version of March 15. Also tried a build from the latest commit.
  3. Error occurs on Dell XPS15 laptop
  4. 8gb RAM
  5. About 10MB down / 8MB up
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM
What type of app are you doing? e.g. Win8, WP7/8, etc.
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
A web application similar to Hootsuites posting functionality.
Not a mobile application.
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.