Can't update status

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Hello world,

I'm developping a Windows store app,.

I want to implement the updateStatus function but my twitterContext does not contain the User Id of authenticate user.

I have the last version of linqtotwitter.

What do I have to do?

There is my code:

public void UpdateStatus(string status)
    {

Status statusTweet = new Status();
        statusTweet = twitterCtxProp.UpdateStatus(status);

}
My twitterContext is a private variable.
but the problem occurs only when I want to update status.
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Hi,

Are you catching an exception? If so, what do the properties of the exception say? Look at the InnerException too. Remember that you can only tweet a given set of text one time, which is why I normally append a DateTime.Now when I'm testing.

@JoeMayo
Apr 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
No I didn't catch any exception, Nothing happens...
What do I have to do :/
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Put a try/catch around the code and see if you can catch an exception. Or set VS to break when exceptions are thrown. You can also hook up fiddler and watch the HTTP traffic to see what Twitter returns. There's also a RawResponse property on TwitterContext that contains the response string. Is there anything assigned to statusTweet?

@JoeMayo
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
You can also connect a TextWriter derived type to TwitterContext.Log to see if it shows anything.
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I don't understand why but, I putted try and catch, there isn't any catched exception but when I add Watch in mi var, everything is at null or 0 even the text of the status. I don't know what to do..

2013/4/7 JoeMayo <[email removed]>

You can also connect a TextWriter derived type to TwitterContext.Log to see if it shows anything.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com