Started getting RettweetedStatus.User.Name and .RetweetedStatus.User.ProfileImageUrl as null

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'm using application only authentication to get user timeline tweets, below is the code I'm using. It was working fine until today,
 void ShowRawResults(TwitterContext twitterContext)
        {

var statusTweets =
              from tweet in twitterContext.Status
              where tweet.Type == StatusType.User
                    && tweet.ScreenName == TwitterHandel.Trim() && tweet.Count == 10
              select tweet;

statusTweets.ToList().ForEach(
                tweet => oTwitterFeedList.Add(FormatTweet(tweet))
                );

rptrTweets.DataSource = oTwitterFeedList;
            rptrTweets.DataBind();

}

string FormatTweet(Status tweet)
        {

string tweetUserName = tweet.RetweetedStatus.User.Name;

string tweetUserProfileImage = tweet.RetweetedStatus.User.ProfileImageUrl;
        }
Issue is I have started to get tweet.RetweetedStatus.User.Name and tweet.RetweetedStatus.User.ProfileImageUrl as null even for retweets by the user.

Is there a workaround by which I can get the user of the original tweet and his profile image Url again
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Hi,

What code did you change between when it was working and when it stopped?

@JoeMayo
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I didn't change anything from the code, it just stopped working. I don't really know if Twitter itself have made some changes in their API, as I still get the re-tweets by the user on his timeline but just don't get the profile image and the name of the user of the original tweet.

I was planning to deploy it on one of my client's site, but this unexpected behavior is going to cause a delay.

Is there a way to get the user name and profile image of the original tweet's user.. the above code has stopped working for me.
Any help is much appreciated.