Twitter Status.Annotation Help!

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I'm switching from twitterizer to linq to twitter api and having a problem with the annotation class within the Status Entity. In twitterizer it would show how long ago a tweet was posted. In linq to twitter I have:

foreach (var tweet in tweets)
{
Response.Write( tweet.Annotation + "<br/>");
}

But this just writes LinqToTwitter.Annotation to the screen.

Can anyone provide an example of how to properly access this?

Thanks

Paigey
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Hi Paigey,

I have a dilemma with Annotations. The documentation at https://dev.twitter.com/docs/platform-objects/tweets says that it is "Unused. Future/beta home for status annotations." I also don't have any tweets with the contents of annotations to test with either. Anyway, some time in the past, I must have been under the impression that Annotations were name/value pairs. So, I created the Annotation class with a couple properties, Attributes and Elements, that are Dictionary<string, string>. The tweet.Annotation that you're trying to access is type LinqToTwitter.Annotation and your usage calls ToString() on the class, which is the Object.ToString() that defaults to the type name. You can use Intellisense to see the properties of Annotation.

I'm not sure that I've implemented it correctly or that it should be implemented because of the comments in the Twitter documentation. I don't know what the Twitterizer implementation was, but I'm wondering what type of information you were getting, if any, from Twitter. Have you ever received a value for 'annotation' from Twitter? If so, is it possible for you to find a Tweet ID so I can see how it's formatted?

@JoeMayo