Getting this error message: could not save post missing required parameter status

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I am getting this error message occasionally. Does not happen all the time but is happening with greater frequency especially today.
could not save post missing required parameter status
I am using L2T in Blog Engine.net such that I have a checkbox. I check the box and click save post so the post is saved and the post also goes to twitter. It seems similar to this post https://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/discussions/450611
However I am no replying. And I can get it post to twitter just reclicking Save Post once or twice more. At work now so no code to post.

Edit: As of 4:51 pm EST it is happening now with a new post. I cannot save and post to twitter at all now. Error message appears each time checkbox is checked and I try to save Post.
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
We are experiencing the exact same issue for all twittering posting that our social media management platform. Anyone have any info? Nothing on twitter dev site about an outage. We are on L2T 2.1.4.
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I am wondering if the entire Twitter platform/API is overloaded with #RoyalBabyWatch and #RoyalBaby?

Edit: How many tweets do post per day via your platform?
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
BTW lsudvm, what version of L2T are you using?
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Will check when I get home
I do know I dl'd a recent commit from Joe on account of some hijinks Twitter did with their API.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
This is affecting many people and is happening to me right now too. I'll update when I find a fix.
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Joe,

I’m actually on the same team as Joel Mello who I believe has been communicating with you as well about this problem. He said he tried using apigee and was able to get the status update to work when specified as query string params rather than in the post body. Not sure if this will be helpful but figured I’d pass that info along.

Brandon

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Brandon,

Thanks - it's affecting me too now.
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Joe
Any idea is the underlying cause?
It seems the error/problem acutally became worse over the last 2-3 days.
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Brandon
I am using the 178cfa348d95 commit.
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Joe
Using the Firefox console and creating a new post and trying to post to twitter I see the following:

[18:54:10.908] Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. @ http://nomorecocktails.com/admin/js:16
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Any ideas, I'm completely unable to post now. A day or two ago this error was sporadic. It got worse until a few hours ago, we are not able to Tweet anything at all. The error message is posted below but note that we are absolutely certain that the status is not null and is a valid string... Please help!!

~ David

A first chance exception of type 'LinqToTwitter.TwitterQueryException' occurred in LinqToTwitterCP.dll
LinqToTwitter.TwitterQueryException
Missing required parameter: status
at LinqToTwitter.TwitterExecute.PostToTwitter[T](String url, IDictionary2 postData, Func2 getResult)
at LinqToTwitter.StatusExtensions.UpdateStatus(TwitterContext ctx, String status, Decimal latitude, Decimal longitude, String placeID, Boolean displayCoordinates, String inReplyToStatusID, Boolean trimUser, Action`1 callback)
at LinqToTwitter.StatusExtensions.UpdateStatus(TwitterContext ctx, String status)
at RWATwitterConsole.Twitter.UpdateStatus(String Status) in C:\Development\RWATwitterConsole\Twitter.cs:line 182
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Download the latest version - everything is fixed now.
Jul 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Thank you so much. Thank you lsudvm for your prompt reply too. The version dated 7/22/2013 fixed the issue.

~ David