Migration of old LinqToTwitter dll to new dll to use API 1.1

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hi,

I am migrating to new dll but it seems that new dll have removed few options/fields/enum. Please help to get the alternative for them.

StatusType.Friends is not available, what should I use to check friends type.

LinqToStatus.Status.Page is missing. What is alternative to set page number.

'LinqToTwitter.List' does not contain a definition for 'ID' and no extension method 'ID' accepting a first argument of type

'LinqToTwitter.List' does not contain a definition for 'PerPage' and no extension method 'PerPage' accepting a first argument of type 'LinqToTwitter.List' could be found

OAuthAuthorization, and WebOAuthAuthorization, classes are missing

Please let me know if someone has faced the same issues and have any alternative way to fix them.

Thanks,
Sachin
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Hi Sachin,

Twitter deprecated some parameters in Twitter API v1.1, so naturally LINQ to Twitter changed too. My blog post on Working with Timelines with LINQ to Twitter explains how to perform paging. The LINQ to Twitter Documentation, also available via the Documentation tab above, includes options for available parameters in the Making API Calls section and help with Authorizers in the Security section. The Discussions forum has a Search box you can use to find various related questions, which can answer some questions for you quickly. The downloadable Source Code, also available via the Source tab above, contains demo projects that show you how to use various queries.

@JoeMayo