"Not found" error on Windows Phone

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Hi,

when trying to get the status updates I always get the "not found" error. I tried the ApplicationOnlyAuthorizor but read in another post that this is not supported yet on WP. Is there another way then to get the last status messages for my account? I don't want the user to add any credentials of himself, just return the tweets from my account (some sort of news basically).

Here is what I have, maybe I missed something obvious there.
// auth to twitter
                var auth = new ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer
                {
                    Credentials = new InMemoryCredentials
                    {
                        ConsumerKey = "...",
                        ConsumerSecret = "...",
                        AccessToken = "...",
                        OAuthToken = "..."
                    }
                };
                auth.Authorize();

// get the twitter news
                var twitterContext = new TwitterContext(auth);
                twitterContext.Status.Where(tweet => tweet.ScreenName == "brainchest" && tweet.Type == StatusType.User).Take(4).MaterializedAsyncCallback(asyncResponse =>
                    Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() =>
                        {
                            if (asyncResponse.Status != TwitterErrorStatus.Success)
                            {
                                MessageBox.Show("Error: " + asyncResponse.Exception.Message);
                            }
                            else
                            {
                                ListBoxTwitterNews.ItemsSource = asyncResponse.State;
                            }

BusyIndicatorTwitter.IsRunning = false;
                        }));
Regards,
Stephan
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Hi Stephan,

ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer operates on behalf of an application, rather than an individual user. An UpdateStatus is an operation on behalf of a user. So, in this case the Not Found is a way to saying this. If you look at the Message property of the TwitterQueryException, you might find an explanation from the Twitter API that makes more sense, but this is the reason.

Maybe you can try SingleUserAuthorizer instead.

@JoeMayo