Not Found Error

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I am working with Visual Studio 2013 and a Windows Phone 8.1 app. I haven't had much luck getting authentication to work. I saw one post that indicated the ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer was not working yet in the WP library. Is that correct?

If I wanted to have an app that only does a search on specific key words, what authentication method should I be using? I really don't want to require the user to do much to use the app.

I downloaded the WP8 sample to check out the Pin authentication but when I run it I am getting a "Not Found Error" after entering in the pin provided by Twitter. I tried it a few times to make sure I didn't enter in the wrong pin. I haven't been able to get the sample to work. :( Any thoughts on what would cause that error?
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Hi,

Some of the samples are out-of-date and need an updated version of LINQ to Twitter. There's a folder named WindowsPhoneDemo in the downloadable source code that has a working sample.

If you're trying to Tweet, one of the reasons for Not Found is if you're tweeting the exact same text that you've tweeted before. I put a DateTime.ToString() at the end of test tweets.

@JoeMayo
Nov 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Thanks Joe. Is the ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer authentication method working for Windows Phone?
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Not in the current version, but it will be available for WP in v3.0.
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Thanks for all of your work on this Joe. I love this project. Lots of great stuff going on here. :)

Any ideas on when you plan to have 3.0 ready? I have an app that just needs to return some search results and I really want to avoid having the users login or require them to do the PIN auth. Right now I am embedding my own keys in the app for testing but of course I can't release it that way. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help on this piece.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I'm planning on releasing v3.0 as a beta in a few days. It's looking pretty good and all the major pieces are in place. However, I anticipate some changes - not major, but perhaps enough to annoy some people, which is why I'll call it a beta. It's available in the downloadable source code right now as LinqToTwitterPcl with demos in the LinqToTwitterDemos_WindowsPhone project. It's async and PCL, targeting .NET 4.5, WP8, and WinStore 8.1 in a VS 2013 solution.