Implement push notifications And Xamarin Support

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Hi . first let me tell you thanks for this wonderful job

I have 2 Question

1- does linqtotwitter support monotouch / monodroid ?

Planing to use linqtotwitter with Xamarin for multi-platform App and that lead me to the next Question

2- how i can Implement push notifications to send a notifications to user whenever he get Direct message / reply / retweet / favorite .

I know that for push notifications i will need server side for this App but at the same time i don't want My App depends on the server part . server part will take care only for notifications and that's all . so in case the server goes down the only part goes down in my App is push notifications nothing else

thanks a lot man
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Hi,

Please see my blog post, LINQ to Twitter Runs Xamarin.Android. You can try a user stream if you want real-time notification of user events. Once you have the message from LINQ to Twitter, you'll need to write the code for push notification on whatever platform you're using.

@JoeMayo
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
thanks

I read this from Twitter API
"Note that User Streams are not intended for server-to-server connections. If you need to make connections on behalf of multiple users from the same machine, consider using site streams."

So it seem that site streams is the way to go .

regarding the Push Notifications I'm planning to use PushSharp
https://github.com/Redth/PushSharp
Nov 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
@JoeMayo

Is there an example on how to compile/use the library on Xamarin.iOS?

Thanks,

Dimitris.