LinqtoTwitter & Real-Time Streaming

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
OK first i wish there is donate button somewhere on your site because you really deserve this

here is my question

is there any example code for streaming user stream in real-time ? i mean by real-time 6 to 10 seconds from the actual time that tweet has been created .

here is what i found from 1 day test

1- tweetbot App takes 6 second to show the new tweet on your timeline
2- Official twitter App takes almost 30 seconds to show the new tweets

NOTE : I'm not talking about Pull to Refresh . this must be happen even if user didn't pull to refresh just like how it happen with Tweetbot App or even Official twitter App

I'm planing to use this with xamarin.android so Any Code example will help a lot

and thanks again
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Hi,

It sounds like User Stream would work for you. LINQ to Twitter v3.0 Beta supports Xamarin.Android, but I don't have any Xamarin.Android specific samples yet - so much yet to do. The closest is my blog post, LINQ to Twitter Runs Xamarin.Android. That said, you can download source code and get working samples in the Linq2TwitterDemos_Console project. There's also a demo in the Linq2TwitterDemos_WindowsPhone project that should give you some ideas of how to use a browser control to do PIN OAuth if you need to get a user stream on behalf of a user.

I don't accept donations, but do appreciate new Twitter followers.

@JoeMayo on Twitter