New Linq To Twitter WebForms

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Hi Mr. Joe,

I have a project to take tweets from twitter in webforms. But i don't have any idea how to do it. I saw some informations but still dn get. Can u please guide me step by step, because when i making my project there will be something missing, such as in the web configuration and so on. Im still beginner to try and learn this linq to twitter. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Marshall
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Hi Marshall,

While I don't have time to step you through a new program, I can point you in the right direction:
  1. Download the source code and study the Linq2TwitterDemos_WebForms project.
  2. There are examples of each API call in the Linq2TwitterDemos_Console project.
  3. Get the demo projects running before moving forward because working with something simple will help iron out problems before you work with something harder.
  4. Read the Documentation, which you can find on the Documentation tab at the top of this page.
  5. Use the Search box on the discussions forum if you need help to see if someone else has asked the same question you have.
@JoeMayo
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Hi Sir,

Thank you for your advice. Just now i followed your instructions, but then when i click authorize button, this error come out. What is the problem of this error? And how i suppose to fixed it. Thank you.
[TwitterQueryException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
  <error>Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob'</error>
  <request>/oauth/request_token</request>
</hash>
 - Please visit the LINQ to Twitter FAQ (at the HelpLink) for help on resolving this error.]
   LinqToTwitter.<HandleUnauthorizedAsync>d__9.MoveNext() +342
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +93
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +52
   LinqToTwitter.<ThrowIfErrorAsync>d__0.MoveNext() +194
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +52
   LinqToTwitter.<HttpGetAsync>d__29.MoveNext() +834
   LinqToTwitter.<GetRequestTokenAsync>d__d.MoveNext() +342
   LinqToTwitter.<BeginAuthorizeAsync>d__5.MoveNext() +272
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult() +21
   Linq2TwitterDemos_WebForms.<AuthorizeButton_Click>d__6.MoveNext() in c:\Users\Marshall Tanu P\Downloads\Compressed\linqtotwitter\Linq2TwitterDemos_WebForms\OAuth.aspx.cs:52
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state) +50
   System.Web.<>c__DisplayClass7.<Post>b__6() +15
   System.Web.Util.SynchronizationHelper.SafeWrapCallback(Action action) +91
   System.Web.Util.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaiter.GetResult() +30
   System.Web.UI.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext() +5441
Regards,

Marshall
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM
You should read the exception text.