Searching with a long query conatining parenthesises

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I am trying to submit a long query with logical operators (ANDs and ORs) with parenthesis to control precedence, however, a "TwitterQueryException" gets thrown saying "Missing or invalid url parameter"

I'm using v3.0.2
The same exact query works on v2.1.11 and works on twitter.
The query works if I removed the parenthesis and it also works if kept the parenthesis but removed some of the keywords.

here's the query:
(airport OR airways OR camel OR courniche OR entertainment OR festival OR food OR mall OR museum OR restaurant OR safari OR shopping OR tourism OR waqif OR zoo OR ترفيه OR تسوق OR جمال OR حديقة OR خطوط OR سفاري OR سياحة OR متحف OR مطار OR مطعم OR مهرجان OR مول OR هجن) AND ( qatar OR قطر )

Any ideas what could be the problem? your thoughts will be highly appreciated!
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Hi,

LINQ to Twitter v3.0 requires async calls to work. There are downloadable samples in the source code with the "Linq2TwitterDemos_" prefix that you can read and run to see how async works.

@JoeMayo
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Thanks @JoeMayo for your reply, I already use async calls. As I explained in the previous post I can search successfully in v3.0.2 if I changed the query a little bit like searching with the same keywords but without the parentheses or by keeping the parentheses but with less keywords.
The error I get is as I said "missing or invalid url parameter" which is not very indicative!