Open multiple users streams concurently

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM
i'm using version 2.1, using the demos I try to call user stream several times but I stuck with only 2 open stream, however I tried to upgrade to the latest version but I faced the same issue but this time I managed to open 12 streams.

can you provide me any guidelines on how to create several user streams concurrently
Feb 24, 2015 at 2:36 AM

I'm not sure that the stream is intended to be opened more than one time for an application. You should read Twitter's Streaming API documentation for guidance:

The Streaming APIs

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply.

according to twitter API documentation, they have user stream intended for one user, and site streams in case of multiple users. however in the documentation also they mention that if the application needed to few user, a developer should use user streams, bellow snippet from the documentation.

"Site Streams allows services, such as web sites or mobile push services, to receive real-time updates for a large number of users. Events may be streamed for any user who has granted OAuth access to your application. Desktop applications or applications with few users should use user streams."

Overview section in

That's why I was trying to have multiple user streams. Is there away to accomplish this in LinkToTwitter ?

Many thanks.
I appreciate your feedback.
Mar 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM
My problem is simply that I want to open multiple streams for different users in the same application/process. however I'm failing to do so.

thank you again
Mar 4, 2015 at 2:23 AM
Do you have a separate TwitterContext for each user?
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM
yes I do create Twitter Context for each user. then I open a stream for each one of those context. but I get stuck after 12 streams if using V3.1 and in V2.1 it open only 2 streams.