HttpWebRequest Timeout

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:19 AM

I am very interested in using this library and have been looking through the code. I am not able to find where a Timeout is set meaning that the default of 100 seconds is used. In some cases this may just not be acceptable. Is there a possibility of adding a timeout property, maybe on the TwitterContext? 

Please let me know if I am completely off base here.

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Hi,

I've added timeouts, which you can find by downloading ChangeSet #55195 from http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx. There are two timeout properties on TwitterContext: ReadWriteTimeout and Timeout.  ReadWriteTimeout controls the timeout to either write to a request stream or read from a response stream.  Timeout is for the time it takes to get a response from a request.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joe

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Unfortunately, the timeout parameter is not respected when making an async web request as seems to be the case.. So this still doesn't work :(

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

swemaniac,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll make it an issue.

Joe

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM
@JoeMayo- What is the earliest version this timeout fix is implemented. My current version is 2.1.9 and I don't want to update all the way to 3.0.4 because I am still using .net 4.0 in my application
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM
tstamper,

The date of resolution for the issue at the 'here' link is Jun 22, 2011. Looking at the downloads page, version 2.1.9 released on Oct 15, 2013, so I believe you have that particular fix, unless there was a regression that I didn't catch.

The last v2.x release is v2.1.12: https://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/releases/view/118031. You could try that and have the latest features as of Feb 3, 2014.

@JoeMayo