1

Closed

2.1.6.0 breaks Win8OAuthDemo

description

I'm updating a previous app to the new api. Using NuGet I installed version 2.1.6.0. Pasted in some code from the Win8OAuthDemo. Get this error:
"ArgumentException was unhandled by user code" drill down...
"The 'user-agent' header must be modified using the appropriate property or method.
Parameter name: name"

Mess around for awhile...

Remove nuGet package and add in reference to the working Win8OAuthDemo .dll version 2.1.0.3. It works!

Updated NuGet package in Win8OAuthDemo to version 2.1.6.0. Errors out with same as above.
            // auth.IsAuthorized is now true (while debugging)
            var twitterCtx = new TwitterContext(auth);

            var searchResponse =
                (from search in twitterCtx.Search
                 where search.Type == SearchType.Search &&
                       search.Query == "linq"
                 select search)
                .SingleOrDefault();

            var a = searchResponse.Statuses.Count;
            _logger.Log(this, "Twitter search returned statuses", a.ToString());
Closed Jul 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM by JoeMayo
Fix released with v2.1.07

comments

JoeMayo wrote Jun 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Hi,

I've checked-in a fix for this, available via downloadable source code. Here's a duplicate issue too:

https://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/workitem/32555

@JoeMayo