I have a running series of blog posts featuring LINQ to Twitter on Windows 8:

1. Installing Windows 8 Developer Preview on a VM
  2. Using LINQ to Twitter in Windows 8 Metro Apps
  3. Refactoring Windows 8 Code-Behind to MVVM
  4. Windows 8 Composition and Content
  5. Windows 8 ListBox 2 ListView

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I tried using the Library in a dummy Metro app , but got the error :
"The project targets '.NETCore' while the file reference targets '.NETFramework'. This is not a supported scenario"

Did I missed something ? Is there a different version of LinQtoTwitter built for metro style ?

If I compile the source code into a Portable Library project, would that work (Anyone tried that).

Opened a new thread here:

PS: I Followed your blog for tips, but got stuck

Using Visual Studio 2011 Beta on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

The code in my blog post was written for the Developer Preview.  I'm working on a version of LINQ to Twitter that runs as a Portable Library.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I'd be really interested to try a version for Windows 8 Consumer preview. Do you have a deadline ?

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

My level of interest in this is very high right now.  I've experimented with PCL, but L2T will be my first implementation, so there's some uncertainty on how long it will take to do.  I have my fingers crossed that it will go smoothly because of my recent experience porting to Silverlight, Windows Phone, and now to Client Profile.

I had an interesting exchange with @PrabirShrestha on yesterday about PCL. I'm hoping I can avoid or work-around any of the issues he's seeing with Facebook C# SDK.