BeginAuthorization does not redirect back if Query Parameters are included in URL

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Having strange behavior with the BeginAuthorization(myUri) call. In a previous version of Linq To Twitter, it worked if I build up a URI using Request.Url.ToString() + some querystring parameters added and converted that to a new Uri before passing it to BeginAuthorization. (this worked with version With the latest version however, the Redirect from Twitter fails and sends me instead to

Has something changed or do I need to do something different to make sure Twitter returns me to a URL that contains query parameters? 

Sample code:

string thisurl = Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Path);

thisurl += "?param=" + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(myParameterText) +"&param2=" + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(MyParameterText2);

auth.BeginAuthorization(new Uri(thisurl));

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Update on this issue: Seems the issue is related to the contents of the parameters in the querystring. If the parameter content is too long and highly escaped, then the callback fails and Twitter redirects to I am not sure what the limits are at this stage

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Was this a Search query?  I know that Twitter will return errors for searches that are too complex.  The term "too complex" isn't defined, but I've heard that a decent rule-of-thumb might be to limit it to 10 or less logical conditions.