Invalid token '34' in input string

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Error: Invalid token '34' in input string.......Getting this error with LINQToTwitter. How do I resolve it? Kindly guide.

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Hi,

This error is coming from the Json parser. Essentially, it's getting an incomplete response from Twitter.  You can see this if you open Fiddler and look at the Json response. I think it's a known issue and they're working on it.

I think it doesn't happen all the time. So, a possible work-around would be to wrap the call in a try/catch block and retry. Potential design choices might include a delay between errors to give Twitter a chance to re-adjust and send a good response.

What type of query are you doing?  What technology (i.e. desktop, web, WP7, W8, ...)?

Joe

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Its ASP .NET query. It works fine when I use your sample solutions for ASP .NET. But if I reference LinqToTwitter dll in any of my own asp .net projects, the error pops up.

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:03:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Invalid token '34' in input string [LinqToTwitter:391992]

Hi,
This error is coming from the Json parser. Essentially, it's getting an incomplete response from Twitter. You can see this if you open Fiddler and look at the Json response. I think it's a known issue and they're working on it.
I think it doesn't happen all the time. So, a possible work-around would be to wrap the call in a try/catch block and retry. Potential design choices might include a delay between errors to give Twitter a chance to re-adjust and send a good response.
What type of query are you doing? What technology (i.e. desktop, web, WP7, W8, ...)?
Joe
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email LinqToTwitter@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com