RelatedResults not working on 1.1

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I cannot get the 1.1 API to work with RelatedResults. Below is an example that works, until I change TwitterContext from old to new.

I enclosed the difference in Endpoints if that may help. The keys/tokens seems to work (I can get direct messages et. cetera)

private static void TestRelatedResults()
      // Hard coded..
      var auth = new SingleUserAuthorizer
                   Credentials = new InMemoryCredentials
                                   ConsumerKey = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["twitterConsumerKey"],
                                   ConsumerSecret = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["twitterConsumerSecret"],
                                   OAuthToken = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["twitterOAuthToken"],
                                   AccessToken = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["twitterAccessToken"]

//using (var twitterCtx = new TwitterContext(auth)) // <--- NOT Working
      using (var twitterCtx = new TwitterContext(auth, "", ""))
       //Verified on both version of TwitterContext

//New version
       //Old version
       List<RelatedResults> results =
        (from result in twitterCtx.RelatedResults
         where result.Type == RelatedResultsType.Show &&
               result.StatusID == 284229537183707136
         select result)

results.ForEach(result =>
                       Console.WriteLine("Name: {0}\nTweet: {1}\n", result.User.Identifier.ScreenName, result.Text));

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, Twitter never documented RelatedResults. I added it to the API based on an early announcement in their forums, but they never supported it. Here's a post on their forums, describing their position on this endpoint:

Twitter used to use related_results on their own application, so it looked like they would eventually support it. An option is to visit the Twitter forums and make a case for them including and supporting it in API v1.1. In API v1.1, they removed several endpoints, but have added a few back by popular demand.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hi Joe,

I see. There is nothing to do about that then. Thanks for your reply

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hi again,

I am struggling a bit to get something close to this. Isn't there a way to get replies to a known tweet? I see that there are retweets, but nothing about replies in 1.1