WP8 doesnt get connected

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I have tried to use this library for windows phone in emulator and in lumia920, but both result same problem. Same code seems to work for win8 .net 4.0 console program.

The assemblies used were LinqToTwitter and LinqToTwitterWP versions both 2.1.3 and 2.1.4.

I did find possibly similar issues: http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/discussions/402837 and http://linqtotwitter.codeplex.com/discussions/409074 but i couldn't find help from them further. Maybe this is something that I have been doing that is not even supposed to work.

I've got a bit unusual setup since i have win7 and win8 + dev tools are running in vmware virtual machine, but fiddler, emulator and deployment to device seem to work otherwise.

Here is the code which works on console program but not on wp8 (emu or device).
ITwitterAuthorizer auth = new SingleUserAuthorizer
    Credentials = new InMemoryCredentials
        ConsumerKey = "...",
        ConsumerSecret = "...",
        AccessToken = "...",
        OAuthToken = "..."
using (TwitterContext twitterContext = new TwitterContext(auth))
   (from search in twitterContext.Search
        where search.Type == SearchType.Search &&
  search.Query == "keyword"
        select search).MaterializedAsyncCallback((searchResult) => 
if (searchResult.Status != TwitterErrorStatus.Success)
    throw searchResult.Exception;
Content of the searchResult.Exception
{System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndGetResponse>b__d(Object sendState)
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at LinqToTwitter.TwitterExecute.<>c__DisplayClass6`1.<QueryTwitter>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)}
And while the exception fiddler catches only one request:
A SSLv3-compatible ClientHello handshake was found. Fiddler extracted the parameters below.

Major Version: 3
Minor Version: 1
Random: 51 23 FA 65 DE E7 4A DA 0F F0 96 0D 09 7B 20 28 06 C6 94 C3 A2 2B EF 3D 08 2E 1A 33 01 3A 8E 6D
SessionID: empty
    [002F]  TLS_RSA_AES_128_SHA
    [0035]  TLS_RSA_AES_256_SHA
    [0005]  SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA
    [0032]  TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_SHA
    [0038]  TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_256_SHA
    [0004]  SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5

    [00]    NO_COMPRESSION

    renegotiation_info  00
    server_name api.twitter.com
    status_request  01 00 00 00 00
    elliptic_curves 00 04 00 17 00 18
    ec_point_formats    01 00
    SessionTicket TLS   empty
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

The authorization process differs between technologies. I've written some documentation to explain OAuth, [Securing Your Applications]. Also, look at the Win8OAuthDemo.zip on the [Samples] page. Essentially, you'll want to use WinRtAuthorizer, which is designed specifically for Windows 8.