How to get only the retweets of a user?

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I have a list of status and as the authenticated user, I want to know if I retweeted that status already.

I don't want to use StatusType.Retweeters because I don't want to make a query for all the tweets (which would cause rate limit exceeded exception). That's why I want to learn the retweets made by a user and then comparing these retweets with the elements of status list I have.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Hi,

There used to be a Twitter API endpoint named retweets_by_me, that I think would have been perfect for what you need, but that didn't make it into v1.1. Here's another idea that may or may not work, but I'll share it anyway just in case it might help. When you get tweets for the authenticated user, make sure you have IncludeMyRetweet turned on. When you get that user's tweets, save the ID of the tweets they retweeted - you can tell because the RetweetedStatus property will have a value. To manage rate limit, also keep track of the last tweet that you have. You can use that last tweet ID as the Since ID in subsequent queries where you look at new retweets. My post, Working with Timelines with LINQ to Twitter shows how to use paging, but also demonstrates an effective way to minimize queries on a user's tweets, increasing the chance of staying in rate limit.

@JoeMayo
Sep 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Thanks Joe, that worked out nicely.