Problem when call getAuthorizeUrl with an URL containing some arabics characters

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Everything works fine with your Library except when I call the getAuthoriseUrl with an URL containing some arabics characters.

Here is the URI send in the method :الفيفا-يشيد-باكتمال-تجهيزات-مجموعة-دبي-لاستضافة-كأس-العالم-لكرة-القدم-تحت-17-عاما_sto3955603/description.html

After that I'm redirecting to Twitter for login and Authorize the app but then I'm redirect to instead of my callback URL

Have you got any idea on that?

Thanks a lot!!
Oct 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I copied to a work item to take a look. It might be an encoding issue, but I don't know yet. A potential work-around, until I find the problem, is to perform OAuth on a URL that will work.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Here is a link I found where Episod replies on a problem which looks like a little as the one I have.

I try that by making an url_encode but I think the change has to be done in your GetAuthorizeUrl code.

I think to work-around this problem I will use a regexp to remove the Arabic fragment.

Hope that have news soon.

Thanks again
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I just checked in a fix for this. You can download the source and check it out if you like.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
you have not changed the dll? just the source code?

Because when I want to download the dll I can see that the last modified is from 22 july.

Maybe I misunderstood something.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Correct, I only changed the source code. I typically let a few issues accumulate before doing a release.