Window Phone 8 Implementation

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Hello, I cant wait to get this api integrated into my new app Social Scene!!

Here's where I'm at :

I used Azure Mobile Services to get the app user to authorize the app to use Twitter, from this process I get a twitter user_id = 'Twitter:123456789' and an access token = 'guid...'.

Now, no matter how I try, I can not get any data from twitter, so which authorization should I be using, which credentials should I be using and I assume I wont need to call Authorise() because IsAuthorized should be true if the above are set correct.

Please help, this is going to be a major new feature in my next release.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Hi,

You could go with SingleUserAuthorizer or ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer. The SingleUserAuthorizer option uses access tokens that you can get via your Twitter App settings page. Assign all 4 credentials and you don't have to go through the authorization process. ApplicationOnlyAuthorizer only uses ConsumerKey and ConsumerSecret. In both cases, you just assign all of the tokens and don't have to perform the OAuth authorization process.

Tip: Get your OAuth working in a console app to work out the glitches and then add the code to your app. To help, I've compiled a 401 FAQ. Also, you can download the source code and study the demos that contain examples of all the authorizers.

@JoeMayo
Oct 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Thanks Joe,

I'll give it ago and see how it pans out!

Cheers
Jason