AspNetAuthorizer is not in assembly.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Please advise what I'm doing wrong here, but AspNetAuthorizer is not available for me to complete this code.

public partial class OAuth : System.Web.UI.Page
    AspNetAuthorizer auth;

protected async void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        auth = new AspNetAuthorizer
            CredentialStore = new SessionStateCredentialStore
                ConsumerKey = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["consumerKey"],
                ConsumerSecret = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["consumerSecret"]
            GoToTwitterAuthorization = 
                twitterUrl => Response.Redirect(twitterUrl, false)
Jan 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Okay, I updated to the 3.0 version and this resolved my issue.
Jan 6, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Glad you figured it out. In v3.0, I changed the name of some types and methods so they followed a more consistent pattern.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Joe, I don't have 4.5 framework and not sure my hosted server does either, so I moved back down to v 2.1. What is the benefit of going to V 3.0? Is it related to any changes on twitters end or just better naming and more linqtotwitter features?
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
The important features of LINQ to Twitter v3.0 are async and Portable Class Library (PCL). The upgrade gave me a chance to improve based on lessons learned, do a lot of refactoring, and add more consistency to the interface. Besides Microsoft's LINQ to Entities, this is the only other async LINQ provider that I know of. PCL has allowed LINQ to Twitter to reach beyond the Microsoft platform to Mono (and all the *nix's) and (very importantly) onto the Xamarin device platform. I've written blog posts on how LINQ to Twitter now works with Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS. I'm fiddling with a new v3.0 scenario that I think will be a lot of fun, but won't announce it until I've got it working well.