authenticating in a wpf app

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:02 AM
hi I am new to linqtotwitter and also new to developing apps with twitter api
i already read some documentations and discussions on how to start authenticating but i only found sample codes for console apps and I'm am having problems starting my app maybe due to my lack of experience in developing apps with twitter api, could you help me get started?
i was planning on having a wpf desktop application, i would really appreciate it if you could help me thanks
Mar 28, 2014 at 6:01 AM

The downloadable source code has a demo app for WPF named Linq2TwitterDemos_WPF. It shows an example of how to perform PIN authorization in a separate window and then use that authorizer in the rest of the code. Once you have an example working, the Linq2TwitterDemos_Console project has examples of every type of query available. The Documentation tab at the top of this page has guidance on OAuth Security and what is available for each API. There's also a FAQ in the documentation that has help on tricky issues, like 401 Unauthenticated errors. These forums have a search box where you can find issues that other people have had. Finally, remember that the latest version of LINQ to Twitter is v3.0 and it is async, which is the newest feature of the C# 5.0 programming language.