Full solution example Console or Form vb.net or C#

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Hi.

I have been trying for a while now to use the different source codes provided here but with no real success. Is there any chance you could post a FULLY working solution that can be downloaded and tested by simply changing the consumer key, tokins etc.

I have really run out of luck trying to use the sourcecode, there seem to be some small issues constantly that are very hard to track down.

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Hi,

I've recently re-organized the source code to make it easier to find what you need. The main folders are Old and New. You'll want to use the New folder because that's where the latest version of LINQ to Twitter is. If you're a beginner or not familiar with all of the .NET technologies, you'll want to just open a technology specific project. This will help avoid all of the environmental setup issues required for all of the supported technologies. The easiest sample to use is the console sample, located here:
\New
    \Demos
        \Linq2TwitterDemos_Console
I'm using Visual Studio 2013, with all the latest service packs. If you open the file named Linq2TwitterDemos_Console.csproj, VS will open that in a new solution and you can build. Just add the consumerKey and consumerSecret keys in the App.config appSettings section.

After you've got that working, you can open one of the other demos, under \New\Demos that are more specific to the technology you want to work with. If you're interested, there's also a VB demos project, Linq2TwitterVBDemos_Console, that has a few examples to let you see what a translation from C# might look like.

The documentation on Securing Your Applications explains OAuth and how it can be used for different technologies in LINQ to Twitter. The documentation on Making API Calls shows the values provided by each entity, mapping between LINQ to Twitter and the Twitter API, and examples of commands and queries with LINQ to Twitter. There's also a LINQ to Twitter FAQ with an extensive list of things that can go wrong with OAuth and tips for fixing those problems.

@JoeMayo
Marked as answer by JoeMayo on 11/6/2014 at 10:57 PM
Nov 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Thanks, this is where i dont follow. Where do i download the all the files for the csproj? Sorry for not understanding....
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM
I see - click the Source tab, above. There's a link along the top named Download.

@JoeMayo
Nov 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thanks i found it! I got it to work, gonna read a bit more there is some problem that i get kicked out efter 25 "keep-alive" i guess its just some setting?
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Great. Look at the StartAsync lambda parameter, which is the stream callback for each tweet. It's keeping count there and showing how to stop/close the stream.

@JoeMayo