Guide

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Hello i have a problem understanding this line of code:

GoToTwitterAuthorization = pageLink => Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(
                () => OAuthWebBrowser.Navigate(new Uri(pageLink, UriKind.Absolute)))
what is the meaning of pageLink? Is some value that i have to assing? What is that value and how can I use them?

Hope you can help me. Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Hi,

In OAuth, the user is redirected to a page that lets them authorize the application to operate on their behalf. In LINQ to Twitter the URL of that page gets passed to the lambda assigned to GoToTwitterAuthorization. Generally, you don't want to do anything with pageLink because LINQ to Twitter already knows what that url should be. However, the functionality of the lambda is dependent on your application and the technology being used. e.g. In a Console application the lambda might be Process.Start, which will launch the default browser. In your case, OAuthWebBrowser is the identifier for a WebBrowser control and the lambda is telling the program to make that WebBrowser control navigate to the Twitter authorization page to let you authorize the application to operate on your behalf. Taking this a little further, what if you had a 3rd party control that handled this Web page - then you would use code that told that control to bring you to the authorization page, specified by the URL passed in the pageLink parameter.

@JoeMayo
Marked as answer by JoeMayo on 11/16/2014 at 9:11 PM
Dec 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Thanks Joe for your answer. ,Linq to Twitter is awesome!