Authorization to send a message to a twitter account

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Hi,

I'm working with LinkToTwitter and it goes great. I used the example provided to build my application. I start it and it goes great twitting every 30 minutes.

But when for any reason the IIS of my host providers halts I have to repeat the authorization process. But I see in the twitter account that my application is already authorized. As is authorized, for example, Hootsuite.

Is there an example to restart the application without having to enter the twitter account credential again? I can't imagine that when Hootsuite servers halt for any reason they would have to enter, manually, credentials of all their customers. If I have credentials in a database how could I start application programmatic and not manually.

Regards.
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Hi,

You can do this by reusing that user's credentials. After a user authorizes your application, LINQ to Twitter will have 4 keys in the IAuthorizer.Credentials property. Save those. The next time you instantiate an IAuthorizer for that user, populate all 4 properties of Credentials. When LINQ to Twitter sees that all 4 keys are present, it won't redirect the user for authorization and you can perform commands and queries right away.

@JoeMayo
Marked as answer by JoeMayo on 11/16/2014 at 9:12 PM