Passing in an oAuth token

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Hi. I am using the DotNetOpenAuth library in MVC to successfully get a token from Twitter, Google and so on. I have a set of standard page flows for making this happen.

When i redirect to the module to use - in this example, Twitter - i wish to pass in the token i retrieved earlier. In other words *I* want to control the oAuth part and leave the LinqToTwitter module to just update twitter.

My guess is that the LinqToTwitter library only needs the authorization token but i can't see a way of telling it.

Is there a suggested way of doing this?

thanks,
steven
http://livz.org 

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM

OK - i have managed to get this working using the new MvcOAuthAuthorization class and just passing the stuff i get from the DotNetOpenID authentication.

Only think that doesn't seem to work is updating status.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Hi Steven,

Are you using the latest version (2.0 beta) of LinqToTwitter?  It uses DotNetOpenAuth under the covers as well.  So it turns out that if you have your own flow for collecting the OAuth token from Twitter, you can just pass that to LinqToTwitter and have it use that without any further user interaction.

But LinqToTwitter only picked up DNOA in recent builds, so I wanted to make sure you're using the latest version before assuming you need help with something more detailed.