WebOAuthAuthorization / IConsumerTokenManager

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Hi,
I don't understand how do I create an instance of WebOAuthAuthorization.
WebOAuthAuthorization constructor's asks for IConsumerTokenManager, but I did not find any class that implements the IConsumerTokenManager api Linq2Twitter.
So...
To use WebOAuthAuthorization, I need to create a class that implements IConsumerTokenManager?
Linq2Twitter not have an easy way for me to return the access token of the User?
Thanks.
Aug 30, 2009 at 6:35 AM

For a web consumer app such as yours, you need to provide the consumer token, consumer secret, access token, and access secret.  And OAuth actually can use X509 certs and other forms as well.  So OAuth itself isn't as simple as to allow you to 'return the access token of the User'.  Yes, your app must implement IConsumerTokenManager, but the sample that ships with LinqToTwitter should hopefully get you started.

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:51 PM

aarnott wrote:

For a web consumer app such as yours, you need to provide the consumer token, consumer secret, access token, and access secret.  And OAuth actually can use X509 certs and other forms as well.  So OAuth itself isn't as simple as to allow you to 'return the access token of the User'.  Yes, your app must implement IConsumerTokenManager, but the sample that ships with LinqToTwitter should hopefully get you started.

Thanks for help aarnott.

I didn't understand very well the flow for authentication along with twitter but the sample that ships with LinqToTwitter helped me a lot.

Thank you very much .. and congratulations for the library that you are developing.