My App pool goes to space...

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hi again my dear friends,

I am developing an application that must do a request to Twitter in a given period of time.
To do this, I put in my site's MasterPage a Timer, and in the Tick event of the Timer I do the request to Twitter.
It's causing the following error: 
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to Obtaining a connection from the pool. 
This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
So, I removed the request code from the Tick event of Timer, and puted it in the Page_Load MasterPage's event, but I got the same error.
From what I could see the LinqToTwitter library uses ajax to make an asynchronous requests to Twitter, correct?. The error I'm having is exactly in this snippet.
Any idea how I can solve this problem?
Thanks.
ps: I know, request in the timer or when the page is load is not the better to do, but, is what a can do... =/
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Hi,

I didn't want to go too long without answering.  I'll need to figure out how to reproduce this on my own system and will need to follow-up later. 

BTW, LINQ to Twitter queries are synchronous. Auto-generating async calls was something I considered, but I didn't want to take the decision out of the caller's hands.  It would be relatively easy to implement async methods along side the syncronous side-effect methods. However, queries might be a different story; maybe not in complexity to implement, but in how to make it user friendly to the programmer using the API. Ideas welcome.

Joe

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM
JoeMayo wrote:

Hi,

I didn't want to go too long without answering.  I'll need to figure out how to reproduce this on my own system and will need to follow-up later. 

BTW, LINQ to Twitter queries are synchronous. Auto-generating async calls was something I considered, but I didn't want to take the decision out of the caller's hands.  It would be relatively easy to implement async methods along side the syncronous side-effect methods. However, queries might be a different story; maybe not in complexity to implement, but in how to make it user friendly to the programmer using the API. Ideas welcome.

Joe

If LINQToTwitter queries are synchronous, I probally have another problem with my app...

Thanks Joe.